It’s time to sum up the year 2013. A year where I pushed for BALANCE in all areas of my life. I started the ONE WORD PROJECT in 2012, and continued for 2013. I forgot at times, but overall, stuck with it.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Ran a HALF MARATHON! 3 times, in fact!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions…just set goals for myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several close friends and family.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My Grandaddy. The reason I have the name “bug” He was such a light in my life. He always stood up for me and had my back. Such an amazing man!
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the good ol’ USA this year!
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More strength and believing in myself!
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
09.08.13 – My very first Half Marathon
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running 3 Half Marathons. My very first….setting that goal and achieving it! And my big promotion at work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think I failed, even though bad things happened
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope- just my typical headaches
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Running items, of course. Especially my Brooks shoes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Me getting a job, HALF MARATHONS!!!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A whole lot of people!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Running! Oh, and eating out.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing my sisters, vacation with hubby, visiting my family in SC, and RUNNING!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Mumford & Sons – I Will Wait
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, Thinner and Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading books and relaxing
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family and friends
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Already in love!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Way more than I should have…..Parenthood, Greys, Chicago Fire…
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I try not to hold a grudge
24. What was the best book you read?
Sadly didn’t really read many books.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
Way more things than I deserve
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Can’t even begin to name my favorite!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32, and I went to Florida to visit dad with my husband, sisters and brother-in-law
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
No idea, it was a really awesome year overall!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
32. What kept you sane?
My hubby, my puppy, and a few super close friends!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I try not to fancy celebrities!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t let politics rule my life.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Every new person I meet is awesome. I believe everyone comes into our lives for a specific reason.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
I am stronger than I think and things will be fine in the end even though it might take some time.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice”